Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Happy Thanksgiving


Five things I am thankful for:
(not necessarily in this order)
 
1. Family: My #1 thing every year. I have been blessed with such a wonderful, crazy, fun-loving family and could never do without them. They are always there for me and always make me smile and laugh. (Extended family included.)
 
2. My Christian Faith: I consider myself extremely lucky to have been raised in a Christian home and I take it for granted way too much. Some areas of the world have never even heard of God and don't have the chance to praise and worship like we do. So I am glad that there is a God and that He is always watching out for me and will be there for me when I fall.
 
3. Animals: Earlier this fall, I went on a zoo trip with my sisters. I look back on that trip now and think about how much I really do love animals. I am a huge animal person, and (other than penguins and tigers) I don't have a "favorite", I love (almost) all of them. There is something to love (or at least appreciate) about every animal. Along with this comes my pets, I am extremely blessed to have so many pets, and to have grown up with pets all my life. I don't think I could ever live without an animal in my living space because they are so adoring and loveable.
 
4. America: To live in a nation with the rights and freedoms that I have is definitely something that is so easy to take for granted. Yes, we do not have a great leader right now, but if you ever traveled to another country, you would realize how lucky we really are to live in this nation. I am right there along with all you "whiners and complainers" (about "him"), but I try to remember that we are a great nation with a lot more rights and freedoms than the majority of any other country. Along with this category comes our soldiers and veterans. You guys are risking your lives so we can live in this free nation, and I can't even imagine what it is like to be away from your families during the holiday season. You guys are some great examples of a real hero.
 
5. My Grandpa: Yes, he does fall under the "family" category, but he gets his own special category because in this last year, I realized just how much he means to me. He is such a great role model, not only to me, but to all of his kids and grandkids. He has an amazing and strong Christian faith, a GREAT sense of humor, and such a big heart. I look up to him as the person I wish myself to be someday.
(best photo I could find in a short amount of time)
 
 
 
 

2 comments:

  1. Lots to be thankful for! I'm thankful for our family too, we really are blessed! Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Thanksgiving to you too! I love that you gave Grandpa his own category- I agree he deserves it :)

    ReplyDelete