Friday, March 2, 2012

roadkill

Although this may not be too scary for any of you reading this, it was very scary for me (at the time).

So, I was on my way home from college on last week Tuesday night, it was around 9:30-10:00ish, so it was dark. I was on a busy-ish street (busy sometimes, but not this late at night) going 60-65. When, all of a sudden, right in front of me, I see this thing in front of my car. It was somewhat hopping like a bunny, but it was bigger like a raccoon or possum. I kind of swerve/tap my brakes, but (of course), I feel the dreaded ttthh-thump.

Why was this so scary for me? I JUST KILLED (well, possibly) AN ANIMAL!!! Never, have I ever done that in my entire life! I felt horrible and scared at the same time, I didn't know what to do. One second I'm singing at the top of my lungs to the lovely music of Love & Theft, and the next I'm going "oh, oh, whoa, what did i just do?" There were so many thoughts going through my mind: "Did I kill it? I can't believe it! Do I stop and help it? What was it?"

I continued to keep driving, taking a while to recover. I eventually did, so no worries. It was quite scary though. I never did figure out what the animal was that I had hit, but I'm pretty sure it was either a possum or raccoon. I just hope that it was a quick death for that poor fella. 

Luckily, nothing bad happened (like, i swerved, rolled over, and/or died), but I'm definitely more aware in that area from now on.


On that note,
Happy Friday Y'all!

signing off, i'm chezzy louise
 

2 comments:

  1. I totally get what you're saying. When I was in high school I ran something over- I think a raccoon on the other side of Quincy. When I got home I didn't dare get out because I was afraid it wasn't dead and would run out after me when I got out of the car! I think I sat there for 5 minutes before running into the house!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've had a few deer car incidents, and hit a bunny once too. Yeesh - it's awful!

    ReplyDelete