Monday, October 7, 2013

Update/Adjusting/I'm Back!...

I know it's been about a month and a half since my last post. And any of you who've read my blog from the beginning know I said I would try (didn't promise) to post at least once a week. Haha! Now it's more like once a month, and they are short, easy posts. (So that I could say I posted something).
 
But I am no quitter and I am getting back on the horse (in blogging).
And I will try to get back to posting once a week. The hardest thing is deciding what to post about. My life isn't really too exciting (knock on wood), and I don't want to post "my favorite songs" all the time. I'm also still adjusting to having a full time job and in my free time, writing a huge, inspirational blog post is not really what I want to be doing (hence the short and sweet posts).
 
Anyways...
my last post was about how we had to put 2 of our cats down. They lived very long (16 and 17 yrs. old) and happy lives with us, and their time on Earth had come to an end (yes, I do believe I will see them in Heaven one day. How could God not let them in?)
 
Now, I would like to introduce you to our newest addition! I decided to adopt a cat from a local home where they take in abused and abandoned cats. I got to go to the house, and I got to pick out my own cat (my first ever experience adopting a rescue animal). They have 130 cats there, so it was very difficult to pick one out. But, this little one (below) stole my heart.
Introducing: Paisley Autumn (Paisley after Brad Paisley & her intricate pattern, and Autumn because I got her in the fall).
 
 
She is very hard to get a picture of, so this is the best I could get. (Hopefully more to come). She is adjusting very well to our house, she is getting along with Millie, tolerates Mushu, and is slowly starting to get along with our other 2 cats. She gets along with Meka better than Thumper, but it's getting better. (She hasn't even been her 2 weeks yet.)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Next, I got myself a new car! No more old '96 Beretta, I replaced "Mater's Girlfriend" with "Lightning" (I'm going with the movie "CARS" theme).
He is a 2011 Silver Nissan Versa. I am loving "him" so far!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
And lastly, I am revealing some more "top 50 pictures" of the 2012 year.
 
I ended with the Meditating Monks last time (here)...
so I will continue on with #35.
 
35. Hanging Out On The Brooklyn Bridge, 1914
(This might make your feet tingle if you don't like heights)
 
34. A Sunset Eclipse
 
33. Bora Bora from Space
 
32. The Largest Raft of Canoes and Kayaks in the World
(next time you're stuck in traffic, think of this...)
 
31. Adaptive Roots in the Concrete Jungle
Pavement - Form Follows Groove
 
30. The Hamilton Pool Nature Preserve
 
29. Above the Canopy
(can you imagine how cool it would be up there?)
 
28. Colliding Rivers in Geneva, Switzerland
 
27. The Stunning Green Vine Snake
 
26. Southern Lights from Space

2 comments:

  1. I didn't know that you got Paisley from a rescue home- I love that!! I'm so glad you're loving your car. So nice to drive and not worry :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't know Paisley was a rescue cat either - cool!
    I love the car and the pictures were great - except that high one!

    ReplyDelete