Thursday, January 5, 2012

bargaining with God

How many times have we all "bargained with God"?

Kind of a weird question, but nobody's perfect, and I know that everybody's done that at least once in their lives.  I've done it more than I'd like to say, and I still catch myself doing it more than I wish. 

When I was younger, you'd have those little wishes, like when you wanted a really amazing toy and you would "make a deal" with God that if you got that toy, you would be perfect for a whole week.  (Or something like that). 
When I catch myself doing it, (this is probably one of the more popular bargains that are made with God), I always say "I promise to never ask for anything again."  Not really the best way to get something you really want, but, like I said, nobody's perfect.  Sometimes, jealousy gets the better of us.

Well, although we don't always get what we want, we need to look at it again and ask the most popular question: "Why?".  But instead of "why" in a negative way, it has to be more of "an observation".  There's not necessarily always a reason right then and there for why you didn't get what you wanted, but I can assure you that God knows what he's doing. 

The answer may not always be no, sometimes there is no answer at all, and you're left to figure it out for yourself.  

I got this post idea the other day when I was listening to a very famous singer sing one of his more popular songs.  When I was listening to it, I thought "this could make a great blog post".  Since it was time for a new post, here it is.  So I decided to give credit where credit's due, and post the song along with it...

Remember, "Some of God's greatest gifts, are unanswered prayers"

Signing off, this is chezzy louise :)





1 comment:

  1. Good observations! The songs comment about unanswered prayer being one of God's greatest gifts is so true. I know there are things that I've prayed for and later realized that getting what I wanted would have been a disaster! It's a good thing we know God knows best, but I have to remind myself of that quite often. :)

    ReplyDelete